Digital India Kids Contest 2019
Eligibility – Class 6th to 8th Students of any recognized school in India
Entry Fee – Free
Last Date of Application – 25th August, 2019
Online Contest (Objective Type Paper to Solve): 22 October 2019 (Tues Day) at 12:00 to 2:00 pm
Note: This Application Form is strictly to be filled by Computer Teacher or Guardian on behalf of the contestant.
Please read the terms and conditions carefully before submitting this application form.
About the Digital India Kids Contest
This online contest is questionnaire on Objective Type questions based on the class-wise computer subject syllabus taught in the Indian schools.
Round 1: Online Objective Type Test. 100 Questions in 2 Hrs.
Round 2: Qualified Contestants of Round 1 will be asked 5 questions of the same paper by Video Call and if they give correct answer of the questions that they solved in round 1 then they will be validated and will be selected for the merit list. Computer Teachers will play key roll in this round as they will manage video calls for their children.
Accordingly the merit list of each class the toppers will be selected and will be intimated for awards through their schools.
The Syllabus for this contest is published on the bottom of this form.
Although 70 percent of the Syllabus is covered by all the common books but for talent hunt we are enhancing the topics criteria that can be prepared by help of Internet or contestants can take help of other study materials available in the market.
schools and Computer Teachers will also be awarded and benefited by this contest so for details they may contact us on facebook or by mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
1. Only regular students of class 6, 7 and 8 of any recognized school in India may participate in this contest.
2. Applicants must have approval and guidance from his/her parents and school Authorities. Organizer may verify the approval on given contact numbers.
3. The dates and time of all the events will be published on official website and Facebook page. It will also be communicated by SMS and emails, so participants are responsible to keep an eye on all these channels. We will not be responsible for any miscommunication.
4. The dates of Entry Form Submission, Contest, Results and Awards may be changed anytime without any early intimation but they will be published on official website www.gbpbooks.com and Facebook Page www.facebook.com/digitalindia.contest so everyone associated to contest must keep watching both the channels.
5. The decision of the Jury will be final and no claim will be entertained regarding judgement, merit list, Awards or any decision.
6. Participation in contest is free but contestants can purchase preparation kit through schools who can contact us on our helpline number and this kit is non-refundable so once purchased no one can get money back in any circumstances.
7. Organizer can cancel any application or debarred the applicant to participate in contest for any reason and applicant may not ask any question for the same.
8. In case of any false, incorrect or incomplete information the candidature can be cancelled.
9. If candidate is unable to participate in contest for any reason like electricity failure or Internet breakdown or any mishap, organizer will not give another chance to him/her and the participation will be automatically deemed cancelled.
10. Organizer is not collecting any fee for this contest so he has right to cancel this contest anytime with just information on the website.
11. Subject to Delhi Courts Jurisdiction only.
Class 6 Syllabus
1. Computers in Past : What is a Computer, History of Computers, Early Machines, Important People Associated with Evolution of Computers, Generations of Computers, Characteristics of a Computer
2. Computer Coding and Memory: Computer Memory, Primary Memory, Units of Memory, Secondary Memory
3. Software Concepts: System Software, Application software
4. Introduction to QBasic , Starting QBasic, Components of QBasic Window
5. Programming in QBasic, Features of QBasic, Modes in QBasic, Elements of QBasic, The Character Set,
Constants, Variables, Operators, QBasic Statements
6. Mail Merge: Introduction to Mail Merge, Advantages and Disadvantages of Mail Merge, Apply Mail Merge Feature to Generate Document, How to Create the Main Document, Creating the Data Source, Merging the Main Document and the Data Source, To View and Print the Merged Document
7. More on Excel: Quick Introduction, Selecting Cells, Selecting rows/ Columns, Cut, Copy and Paste, Redo and Undo, Inserting Cells, Columns And Rows, Inserting a Row , Inserting a Column, Changing Row Height/column Width
8. Photoshop CS6: Introduction, Starting Photoshop CS6, Creating New File, Saving File, Opening an Existing File, Closing a File, Exiting Photoshop, Tools Palette, Using Photoshop Tools, Copying and Pasting Selection, Filter
9. Ethical Hacking: Types of Hacking, Purpose of Hacking, Types of Hackers, Black Hat Hacker, Grey Hat Hacker, Http Vs. Https, Getting Mastering in Hacking, Ethics in Computing, Internet Ethics, Ethical Rules for the Computer Users, Digital Plagiarism, Cyberbullying, Phishing, Spamming, Internet Safety for Children
10. Electronic Mail: Creating E-Mail Account, E-mail Format, Attaching Files to E-mails, Viewing a Message Attachment, Replying to a Message, Forwarding a Message, Deleting a Message, Printing a Message, E-mail File Name Extension, Understanding E-mail Addresses, Advantages and Disadvantages of E-mail
Class 7 Syllabus
1. Communication Tools: Net and Web, Log on to the Internet, Surfing the Web, Virus and Antivirus, Latest Trends in Computer Technology, The Future of Technology
2. Computer Network: Network and Networking, Types of Network, Advantages and Disadvantages of Networking, Network Topologies, Components of Networking, Data Transmission Media, Protocols
3. Broadband, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Settings: Introduction to Wireless Technology, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Wireless Broadband
4. Database Management System: Introduction to Database Management System, Parts of Database, Computerized Database and Manual Filling
5. Introduction to MS Access: Opening Ms Access, Components of MS Access, Tabbed Document Window Viewing, Database Terms, Create a New Database, Creating a Table, Data Types, Delete a Table, Rename a Table, Keys in Access, Find Replace Feature, To Sort Records in a Table
6. MS Access: Queries Forms and Reports: Creating a Query, Query Design Feature, Query Criteria, Calculated Field, Expressions, Zoom, Forms, Reports
7. HTML: Introduction to HTML, Markup Language, Tools for Web Publishing, HTML Tags, Let’s create HTML document, Formatting the Text, Lists in HTML
8. Introduction to Flash: Features of Flash, Opening Flash, Document, Toolbar, Saving Documents, Opening a Saved Flash Document
9. How Stuffs Work: How Keyboard Works, Under the Key top, Inside the Keyboard, How the keys are press down, How does it all work together, How a ball mouse Works, How an optical mouse Works, How the Internet Works
10. Podcasting, Webcasting and Live Streaming: Podcast, Resources required for Podcasting, Steps to Start Podcasting, Webcast, Streaming Media, Live Streaming on YouTube, Earning money from live streaming
Class 8 Syllabus
1. Hotspot, TeamViewer, ICT in Professions: Teachers, Office Administrators, Marketing and Sales Persons, Medical Practitioner, Photographers and Commercial Artists, Animator and cartoon film makers,Software Engineers, Chartered Accountants, Cyber Security Professionals, Lawyers and Notary Advocates, Hot Spot- Tethering, Remote Controlling a Computing Device, How to Install TeamViewer, Connecting a Remote Computer with TeamViewer, Closing the TeamViewer Session
2. E-Commerce: Introduction to E-Commerce, E-Learning, E-Business, E-Shopping, E-Ticketing, Advantages of E-Commerce, How E-Commerce is Useful to Us
3. More About Flash: Introducing Layers and the Timeline, Creating a New Layer, Hide and Show Layers, The Three Different Object Types, Tweening
4. Google Apps: Google Apps, Installing Google Chrome Browser, Creating G-mail Account, Opening Google Apps, Google Search Techniques, Downloading Image, Audio or Video
5. Apps Development: Introduction to App, Mobile Apps, Downloading Apps from Google Play Store, Mobile Native vs. Web vs. Hybrid Applications, App Development using Free Software
6. Setting YouTube channel, Changing channel art, Google AdWords, Google AdSense, Serch Engine Optimization (SEO)
7. Network Security and Cyber Policing: Why is Network Security Required, Crime in Cyberspace, Modes of Cyber Crime, Cyber criminals, Social Networking, Social Networking Ethics, Networking Safety Tools, Mobile Computing Threats, Investigation of Fake News or Photo, Google Reverse Image Search
8. Preventive Maintenance: System is Getting Slow Down, Hang up Problems, Internet Connection Problem (Broadband), Speaker Problem Troubleshooting, Printer Problem Troubleshooting